Sunday, July 9, 2017

Colored Glass

Love colored glass but can’t find it in the right size, shape or color to fit your décor? Here are a few easy ways to get just what you want without breaking the bank! 
I admit that I am a spray paint junkie. I just have to have ALL the newest colors. Going to Lowe’s to look for spray paint is my Nirvana! On my last trip I found a new kind of glass paint. It gives the look of stained glass without the cost.  Krylon’s Stained Glass Paint comes seven colors. You can go bold or you can go subtle.


Using the spray paint I turned a Tostitos salsa jar into a paperclip holder. I will be spraying the top silver and decorating it with lettering before it goes into my classroom. I saved money and recycled in the process! That makes it a win/win!

These are three jars I painted. You can see that the spray differs on various kinds of glass. It was a bit more clear on the Kerr jar than on the tall salsa jar.

The Kerr jar is one that I painted. I thought it looked almost as good as the factory glass.

I have written before about Krylon’s Sea glass but I thought that it was worth including again for those who might have missed the other post. The paint comes in seven different colors from subtle to bold.

Valspar has entered the fray with a milk glass spray paint. Their paint comes in four soft colors. This is the kind of paint that would look great in a vintage setting. I used it on a small plastic jar. I painted the lid with regular pink spray paint.

The folks over at Little Things have another way to make jars look like beach glass. They use Mod Podge and food coloring to paint the jars. You can see the video here.
For the Fourth of July I decorated my mantle with some of my painted jars. I sprayed each lid silver to tie the jars together.


In the end how you want to decorate is up to you. Let your heart be your guide!

1 comment:

  1. Recently, the users are facing issue regarding lost altcoins in Binance. In this condition, the customers have to take step forward and call on Binance support phone Number 1-833-228-1682 and share their issue to senior team. The experts are available to investigate and provide the efficient and workable solution without any delay. The service is available all round the clock for Binance users. The experts will guide you everything in best possible manner and also provide the easiest solution to fix the errors.
    Visit For More Detail-: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete