Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Necessity Begets Creativity

They say necessity is the mother of invention. I also say necessity is the mother of creativity. 
For example; I have a lovely area next to my building that is used for potting, painting and anything else that needs doing. It is handy but unsightly.


Fast forward to a trip to ACE Hardware for items to restore the family farm house. As I walked down the isles looking for the right kind of caulk what do I spy but a marked down screen door! It was originally a $100 dollars but was marked down to the bargain price of $25 because of a crack. While in the store I looked for the crack and couldn't find it. It had to be pointed out to me, that is how inconspicuous it was. Aesthetically it was fine but for continued use it wouldn't have stood up. 


I wanted it to hide the junk on my bench so I added extra layers of screen. I put silver first and then a darkening kind. I don't remember the brand but I bought it at Lowe's.
I added a "doorknob" that is actually an outdoor faucet handle. I added some bricks to make a little porch and voila! A cute way to hide the junk!


No comments:

Post a Comment