Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Sea Glass Without the Sea

Ahhh Krylon, my old friend, we meet again! I freely admit that I have a serious love for all things spray paint. I am the self dubbed Queen of Spray Paint so when I was trolling the spray paint in my local Lowe's and came across these beauties I just had to purchase them! There are eight colors of Krylon Sea Glass to choose from but I limited myself to the blues/greens this time around. 



As I raced home with my purchases I mentally started cataloging all of the clear glass in my possession. I didn't want to go overboard and paint everything so I limited myself to a lidded jar from my bathroom vanity. It was pretty but didn't match the "coke glass" colored items I was using.


I started by washing and drying the glass so it didn't have any dust or oils on it. Then I started playing. 

It works just like regular spray paint. You have to build up the color. As I painted I realized that I was making hash of the project because the plastic bag kept touching the sides so I lifted the items and it worked much better. 

I kept adding layers of paint until I liked where it was. I did figure out that you MUST let it sit between coats. It doesn't run like spray paint but it just doesn't color well if you don't add to a dry layer. 

Case in point....I set the bottom down to look at it and the paint wasn't completely dry and it scratched. Luckily this is the bottom so I just painted over it. 
Here is my completed jar ready for the vanity. All in all I give the product a HUGE thumbs up! 






No comments:

Post a Comment