Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's All In The Details

I believe it is the little things that make the difference when it comes to decorating. I have been accused of overdoing it and I believe I might be guilty but I figure if it makes me happy then it is all good!

For the past two weeks I  have been working on my kitchen. It is coming along nicely if I do say so myself. One of the things that I do is to cover my light switch plates. I have used almost everything available in the way of paper. This time around I used printed images of old material from the 1970s.

Here are the current switch plates.

 This one is next to my sink.

The ones below are on the walls in the kitchen.

 

I learned a little something about the light plate below. It is in a style called "faux bois" which is French for false wood. I paid a whopping $1.00 for it and after looking it up on the various sites it appears that I got a pretty good deal! : )


More about faux bois can be found on this nifty Pinterest board.


No comments:

Post a Comment