Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Revamping Old Pictures

I found some amazing pictures at a garage sale. Actually, the frames were amazing, the pictures, not so much.
This is one of the pictures. They all featured chickens and roosters. Don't you DIG the groovy avocado green 70s frames or is it just me??

I carefully took the pictures out so that I could reuse the backing for the new incarnation of the item.
The back was pretty but a bit too dull for what I wanted so I opted for some nice orange paper. 
I used the backing to cut the paper so I knew it would fit snugly. Now, how to attach it to the frame? Well, if you are married to a man like mine there is only ONE solution.....duct tape!
In this case it was actually Gorilla Tape a part of the Gorilla Family of adhesive products. 
Yup, that will do it! What a lovely stuck tight taped thingy this is! ; )
A few wooden cut outs and a little hot glue later and VOILA! 
Lovely pictures hung on my wall! 

I love to re-purpose things because most of what I love can't be bought now. It is the vintage feel that I adore!
 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I give her grief sometimes but my wife is one of the most artistic and creative people I have ever met. She is constantly amazing me.

    Love you Shelley
    ~K

    ReplyDelete