Friday, June 21, 2013

For the Book Lover

If you are like me you LOVE books. You love the feel, the smell and the texture of words on the pages. If you are like me you also get overwhelmed with the amount of books in your house. Book obsessions can be VERY expensive but fear not you have options!

E-Readers- I personally have a Kindle so my advice comes to you from this point of view - this is a way to satisfy your lust to read by using a handy dandy e-reader. You can go to Amazon.com and find all sorts of free books. Just go to the section and type in "free books for Kindle"
If you want to read books from another device or your computer you can go here and download the app for free.

Paperback Swap - is a way for you to swap books with millions of other folks. Take a look at their website for all the details. I personally love them because I can get books that I want while sending away books I am through with. It is a win/win situation!

Shopping at Goodwill - my local Goodwill has books 5 for a dollar. Just typing it makes my head swim! I come home with TONS of great decorating books for TWENTY CENTS EACH! Once I go through them and grab the ideas I want I put them on the Paperback Swap and away they go! Again, it is a win/win situation! *NOTE: your local Goodwill may not have this deal going on!*

Garage sales - again one of the reasons I adore garage sales is the great books! If you are fortunate enough to find a fellow reader you can really clean up. Sometimes, if you go later in the day you can bulk buy the books. They want to get rid of them and you want to take them home. What sort of situation is it? Yep, win/win! : )

Local book stores - some local book stores will "buy" your books for store credit. You can take those credits and buy what you want. This is a good way to do things if you don't want to bother with mailing the books off via the Paperback Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment