Thursday, June 6, 2013

Taking Care of Your Summer Skin - Feet


My feet after a pedi!
 If you are like me you are absolutely brutal on your skin during the summer. My days are filled with gardening, painting and generally doing all the little "Honey Do" things that I can't get to during the school year. Summer is also a time for going without shoes! By the time fall comes my feet are in terrible shape. I try to care for them as much as possible but in the end I just have to accept that my love of Mother Earth is stronger than my desire to have "sexy" feet! : )

When the callouses get bad I use the Ped Egg. It is my go to callous remover but remember, NEVER use it right after a shower. Your feet are soft and it will cut you. Trust me on this.
If the callouses are not bad but you still have rough areas try a foot file. I suggest using it before a shower then using a good lotion afterward.
My favorite lotion is Grinning Goblin's Natural Cocoa Butter Hard Lotion. This stuff is truly amazing! It comes in a stick and smells like warm chocolate.
From the website: "Hard lotion is solid at room temperature but is easy to apply. Gently rub it in your hands and massage it in or rub the bar directly onto dry skin with the handy push up container. Your normal body temperature causes the lotion to soften and quickly melt into your skin. Hard lotion is especially great for cracked skin, dry heels, rough elbows, or alligator legs. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy or sticky residue. It only takes a few seconds to apply and since it is free of water and filler a little goes a very long way."


No comments:

Post a Comment