Sunday, June 23, 2013

Making Time for Living Your Dream

Good Sunday morning to everyone!
For those who read this blog on a fairly regular basis you know about my friends Betsy and Warren Talbot of Married with Luggage. These two amazing people didn't just talk about living some of their dreams some day they ARE living their dreams NOW!
I am not as brave as they are. My dreams are not as big but they are just as important. Everyone is told to "Dream Big or Go Home." Well, what about those of us who dream big ABOUT their home?

I dream big about my house. I want to make it the best it can be. I used to be one of those crafters who let the daily grind get me down. I never seemed to have time. My favorite words were "I'll do it tomorrow." Sometimes I would look at a job and think that it was just too much for me to do. Other times I thought I couldn't do it because I wasn't a "professional."

I kept letting these things stop me and one day I looked in the mirror and thought......Don't.
I grabbed my hot glue, my paint and a hammer and nails and went forward and I have never looked back!

Don't think that there is no time to do things.
You have the time, it just has to be rearranged a bit. While watching your favorite TV show you could fold the clothes. During commercials run the laundry to the correct rooms then put it away at the next commercial. You get the laundry done and a little exercise to boot! Now you have that time to craft.

Don't feel a job is too daunting.
You have heard the old joke asking how to eat an elephant?
No?
You eat him one bite at a time.
Sometimes the whole vision can overwhelm you. When you break things into bite sized pieces you can still see the whole picture but have a clear plan of what to do step by step.
Lists are the way to go. Make a list on paper, the computer or use a bulletin board to stick your ideas on.

Don't worry if you aren't a professional.
Professionals were just people at one time. These days most of the "professionals" are people who have convinced others that their ideas are good! ; )
Case in point, my go to guy for building. He has no formal training, works from his house and doesn't advertise because his work speaks for itself. He is a young man, not even thirty and he has a successful business, a home, a nice vehicle and is about to get married to a lovely woman.
This guy is so busy that he can't keep up with the work and all without being a "professional."

You CAN do it. You just have to WANT to do it.
I wanted to do it and I haven't stopped and I won't stop till the paint brush is pried from my cold dead fingers! : )






No comments:

Post a Comment